1. Collection of information
Information collected through the Site may include personal information about you. The information collected by us may include personal information:
- you provide to us by submitting information through any method on this Site,
- collected by us through click tracking in relation to your use of the Site including the content you access and any services you utilise; and
- collected by us through log files or cookies (as set out below and in the Terms).
We may also collect aggregated information generated by our systems, which tracks traffic to our Site but does not relate to you personally.
2. Who is collecting the information?
The pages about FreshChoice or SuperValue and its brands, products, and services, are hosted by us or on our behalf and information submitted on these pages is held by us or on our behalf.
3. Consequences for failure to provide
Failure to provide necessary personal information when requested may result in us not being able to provide goods and/or services to you.
4. Log files
We use log files in order to enhance your experience on our Site and to analyse trends. Log files gather information such as which URL you just came from, which URL you go to next, what browser you are using and your IP address. This information is used to analyse trends and administer and operate the Site. Users who log-in to the Site have their IP address recorded, which can be used to identify a user; however we will treat this information as personal information.
6. Use of information
The personal information you provide may be used by us (and our employees, officers, agents, contractors and affiliates as defined below) to:
- assist us in the provision of our products and services provided to you and improving those products and services by tailoring them to meet your needs;
- provide you with further information about us or other Sites or goods or services offered by us or our affiliates or which we consider may be of interest to you;
- carry out marketing, promotional and publicity purposes including direct marketing, market research and survey;
- keep the Site relevant and of interest to users;
- show you advertising and information that is most relevant to you and your interests;
- undertake analysis in aggregate form (identifiable characteristics removed so that you will remain anonymous); and
7. Information sharing and disclosure
In relation to personal information we:
- may disclose information about you, including your personal information, to our affiliates (which means any related company or any person or other entity which directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by or is under common control with us) for the purposes set out in section 7 above or to any third party where you have consented to such disclosure;
- may disclose information about you, including your personal information, to our agents, contractors and suppliers to enable them to provide services and products to us in relation to the Site including hosting services and support services; and
- reserve the right to disclose your personal information when we believe it is appropriate to comply with the law, facilitate court proceedings or to protect our rights.
We may share aggregated demographic information about our user base with our affiliates, partners and advertisers. However, you will not be individually identified.
8. Advertising and third party links
9. Data storage and security
Any personal information that you provide to us through the Site will be collected and held by us or on our behalf. Our address is 29 Byron St, Sydenham, Christchurch, New Zealand. We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions (including complying with generally accepted industry standards) to prevent the loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration of your personal information. However, no method is completely secure, and while we take all reasonable measures we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information we collect from you. You are responsible for ensuring your Internet browser and computer system are secure (including, but not limited to, free and secure from viruses) and can support any security measures we use to protect your personal information.
10. Data access and correction
Under the Privacy Act 2020 you have rights of access to, and to request correction of, personal information that we hold. You can access or request correction of personal information by contacting our Customer Care Centre on phone on 0800 40 40 40.
11. Commercial electronic messages
12. Opting in and opting out
- opt out and not receive certain services; or
- opt in.
13. Business transitions